Python to run .rlf reports

02-13-2013 04:10 PM
RyanFadd
New Contributor
Hi
I have created reports using the reports functionality in 10.1
I don't have the Data Reviewer, but I would like to use Arcpy to periodically run a .rlf report, and save it in the same location.
Any idea on how to have it done?
Thanks
Ray
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffMoulds
Esri Contributor
Try the ExportReport function.
0 Kudos
RyanFadd
New Contributor
Hi Jeff
Thanks for the reply
basically the idea is to load previous .rlf reports, update them through running them and saving them.
the process has to be automated say to be done once per week automatically, so my outlook can email (scheduled emails) the updated reports to relevant people... I'm not sure if ExportReports can do this, besides I 'm new to scripting in Python...
Do you think this function can solve the issue?
Kind regards
Ray
0 Kudos
ChrisFox3
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Jeff
Thanks for the reply
basically the idea is to load previous .rlf reports, update them through running them and saving them.
the process has to be automated say to be done once per week automatically, so my outlook can email (scheduled emails) the updated reports to relevant people... I'm not sure if ExportReports can do this, besides I 'm new to scripting in Python...
Do you think this function can solve the issue?
Kind regards
Ray

Yes, thats exactly what the ExportReport function does, check out the code samples at the bottom of the help topic they are passing in a layer, the rlf, and then specifying where to output the report.
0 Kudos