Python Notebook task skipped

Jump to solution
05-26-2021 08:18 AM
Hibby
by
New Contributor II

Hi there, I have created a Notebook (Python) within AGOL and scheduled the task to run once a day at 1:30am.  Everything was working just fine until a couple of days ago.  Now, the results are mentioning the task has been skipped because of a previously running task.  I have nothing else running besides this one task.  I can manually run the task just fine.  Unfortunately, the results from the skipped task are less than informative.  Anyone else experience this issue?  Any suggested work-arounds?  I will delete the scheduled task and recreate it. 

Also, the Notebook environment within AGOL seems a bit weak as compared to having Anaconda installed on your local desktop.  If you are not actively working with your Notebook then the kernel stops.  You must save frequently.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hibby
by
New Contributor II

The problem has been resolved.  I removed the Notebook from the scheduled tasks and added back.  No changes to code.  This solved the problem.  Not sure why the scheduled task became corrupt.  Anyway, the task has run successfully for the past four days.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TasBarsdell
New Contributor II

I too am having this issue as is a colleague. Started happening from the 23rd of May. 

Hibby
by
New Contributor II

The problem has been resolved.  I removed the Notebook from the scheduled tasks and added back.  No changes to code.  This solved the problem.  Not sure why the scheduled task became corrupt.  Anyway, the task has run successfully for the past four days.

RobertAkroyd1
New Contributor III

I have also come cross this.  Have a scheduled Notebook that runs every 15 mins.  Sometimes a run gets stuck Executing and then subsequent runs are all skipped for an indefinite amount of time.  Sometimes they come back and start running again after a few hours, sometimes longer, other times I have had to delete the schedule and recreate.

It would be great if you could set a timeout on a task schedule, like you can in Windows Task Scheduler, so that a run could be automatically killed off it it ran for longer than X minutes (for example).  Then at least subsequent runs have a chance of running.