Python addin_assistant error

Jump to solution
12-19-2013 12:19 PM
DongxiZheng
New Contributor III
Hello,

Has anyone encountered the same error as following while running the addin_assistant.exe wizard? Any idea on how to overcome?

Traceback (most recent call last):   File "addin_assistant.pyw", line 2, in <module>   File "addin_ui.pyc", line 5, in <module>   File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 45, in <module>   File "wx\_core.pyc", line 4, in <module>   File "wx\_core_.pyc", line 12, in <module>   File "wx\_core_.pyc", line 10, in __load ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DongxiZheng
New Contributor III
Thanks to you all for replying. Turned out that the problem was caused by my screwing up the Python installation folder. I repaired ArcGIS from CD and everything went back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
It sounds like you are running into the following bug:

NIM091620

"ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application." Error displays when ArcMap launches a 64-bit Integrated Development  Environment (IDE) as Editor or Debugger and the script imports arcpy.

Are you using a 64-bit IDE?
0 Kudos
JasonScheirer
Occasional Contributor III
From the executable file itself you're getting the error? Try downloading it again and running it from a different location. Worst case scenario is to get wxPython for your current version and architecture of python and download the source of the addin wizard (click "Download ZIP" in the bottom of the right sidebar) and run it from your IDE/Python.exe.
0 Kudos
DongxiZheng
New Contributor III
It sounds like you are running into the following bug:

NIM091620

"ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application." Error displays when ArcMap launches a 64-bit Integrated Development  Environment (IDE) as Editor or Debugger and the script imports arcpy.

Are you using a 64-bit IDE?

I am on a 64-bit Windows 7 but not linking any IDE to ArcMap.
0 Kudos
DongxiZheng
New Contributor III
From the executable file itself you're getting the error? Try downloading it again and running it from a different location. Worst case scenario is to get wxPython for your current version and architecture of python and download the source of the addin wizard (click "Download ZIP" in the bottom of the right sidebar) and run it from your IDE/Python.exe.

Yes. And re-downloading and re-positioning wouldn't help.
0 Kudos
DongxiZheng
New Contributor III
Thanks to you all for replying. Turned out that the problem was caused by my screwing up the Python installation folder. I repaired ArcGIS from CD and everything went back to normal.
0 Kudos