Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Add field and calculate field

05-02-2010 09:34 PM
alifardy
New Contributor
I'm writing a python script that needs to create a polygon feature class which has add to it a "A" field from its input. But, when i run the script, this message appear "<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. A locator with this name does not exist. Failed to execute (script)."
I'm using ArcGis 9.3. Anybody knows if there is a problem with the script? what the message means?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
similar bugs appear with that error number, search on it, this might apply
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/nimbus-bug?bugID=TklNMDQwNjk3
but there are others
0 Kudos
JonathanBaarda
New Contributor
It sounds like there's a syntax problem somewhere. Seeing your code would be helpful for us to find the issue.
0 Kudos
alifardy
New Contributor
i already know the problem, but i have another problem with CalculateField or CalculateValue function in python script. How to calculate sum of value in a column of table?
0 Kudos
alifardy
New Contributor
i already know the problem, but i have another problem with CalculateField or CalculateValue function in python script. How to calculate sum of value in a column of table?
0 Kudos
DaleHoneycutt
Regular Contributor

Use the Summary Statistics tool
0 Kudos
alifardy
New Contributor
how to calculate float number (such as 2,4 ; 3,7 ; -5,1) in a table? because in python, float number use point(.) not comma(,). but in table, float number use comma.

error script :
a = 3,4
pow(10,a) --> error

but if a = 3.4
pow(10,a) --> work
0 Kudos