Open multiple attribute tables at once

Jump to solution
12-18-2018 07:57 AM
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

How would I be able to accomplish this.

For example, I might have 50 feature classes in my mxd that I want to open the tables at once.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

It is possible to highlight several layers in the contents pane within ArcGIS Pro, and then right-click> attribute table, which opens up all of the attribute tables for the highlighted layers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Can you provide some additional details of what you want to accomplish?  Perhaps you want to loop through every layer in the map and use a search cursor to examine attributes?

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes.

On ArcMap, if I have a lot of feature classes/tables in the mxd, I want to be able to open all the attribute tables at once, rather than right-clicking on each object individually, then opening attribute table one at a time.

This is just so I can simply open the attribute tables for viewing the tabular data.

Let me know if I can explain my intent better.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

I don't believe it is possible to open all attribute tables at once.  However, if you open the attribute tables and save the map with all tables opened, they will be available when you open the map the next time.  Again, this only works if the attribute tables are open when the map is saved.  You might make an enhancement suggestion at ArcGIS Ideas‌.

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you Randy.

My intent is so that I don't have to manually open the attribute tables one by one from the start.

I will take your suggestion and post it on ArcGIS Ideas.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Exploring the content of 50 tables (even without opening them manually) cab take quite some time. Is there something specifically that you want to "see" in the tables. If you know what to look for you can write a script that does this exploring for you...

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Xander.

Sometimes I receive cad data that I convert to feature classes. The conversion creates lots of different feature classes. When this happens, I end up having to manually inspect each feature class attribute table. Maybe sometimes I notice a pattern relevant to the data I need. Other times I simply delete unnecessary features that were converted from the cad data so that I can see the relevant data.

The purpose of my question was so that I could make this data inspection less burdensome by opening the attribute tables at once.

0 Kudos
AbghyAun
New Contributor

On ArcMap, it is possible to open all the attribute tables at once. 

You can select the layers that you want to open the attribute table, then use the shortcut CTRL + T

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

It is possible to highlight several layers in the contents pane within ArcGIS Pro, and then right-click> attribute table, which opens up all of the attribute tables for the highlighted layers.

0 Kudos