Odd Error in Metadata Script

Jump to solution
03-11-2015 12:05 PM
benberman
Occasional Contributor

So I developed a script that traverses through a root directory, and any subdirectories and catalogs layers files. Then exports these layer files' FGDC metadata and outputs them to a folder. The code at this point is hit/miss sometimes completes and sometimes processes "most" of the input and errors out close to being done.

Can anyone point out what's going on here? Error code is

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\arcpy\arcpy\conversion.py", line 624, in ExportMetadata

raise e

ExecuteError: ERROR 000582: Error occurred during execution.

import arcpy,os
arcpy.env.overwriteOutput=True
metadataout=r'C:\tmp\out'
for dirpath,dirnames,filenames in arcpy.da.Walk(r'C:\folder\files',datatype="Layer"):
    for filename in filenames:
        print filename
        translator = r'C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\Metadata\Translator\ARCGIS2FGDC.xml'
        arcpy.ExportMetadata_conversion(os.path.join(dirpath,filename),translator,os.path.join(metadataout,str(filename).split(".")[0]+'.xml'))
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
benberman
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve the error by using the ESRI Metadata Translator utility instead of the export metadata. If anyone receives this error in the future, you may want to try the translator as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
benberman
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve the error by using the ESRI Metadata Translator utility instead of the export metadata. If anyone receives this error in the future, you may want to try the translator as well.

0 Kudos