Need help on an error i get when trying to synchronize changes between two arcsde databases via python script

Jump to solution
08-10-2014 12:34 PM
DavidMuthami1
Occasional Contributor

Description of Error

Access violation at address 6B910D0C in module 'DistributedGeodbLib.dll'. Read of address 00000000.

Screenshot

Synchronize changes error.PNG

See attached python script.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

My first impression is that this appears to be a software bug or a data issue.

I would be interested to know:

Are you are able to run the Synchronize Changes GP tool outside of python?

Are you able to run the SynchronizeChanges_management function in a python script if your hardcode all your parameters?

Are you able to sync using the replica manager tools?

There does not appear to be anything in the script that should cause this type of failure.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

My first impression is that this appears to be a software bug or a data issue.

I would be interested to know:

Are you are able to run the Synchronize Changes GP tool outside of python?

Are you able to run the SynchronizeChanges_management function in a python script if your hardcode all your parameters?

Are you able to sync using the replica manager tools?

There does not appear to be anything in the script that should cause this type of failure.

DavidMuthami1
Occasional Contributor

Question: Are you are able to run the Synchronize Changes GP tool outside of python?

Answer: Yes. while i run the synchronize changes tool in the Distributed Geodatabases toolbar everything works fine

Question:Are you able to run the SynchronizeChanges_management function in a python script if your hardcode all your parameters?

Answer: Everything fails in standalone script and on python window.

Question: Are you able to sync using the replica manager tools?

Not tried this.

0 Kudos
DavidMuthami1
Occasional Contributor

Most likely as you predict, the error is a data issue. I am dealing with like 30,000 parcels in the parcel fabric model.

However, most intriguing is that the stand alone python script crashes PyScripter. If you run the same piece of code on Python Window in ArcMap, ArcMap crashes as well.

0 Kudos