Select to view content in your preferred language

MultipleRingBuffer_analysis bug

03-26-2013 10:16 AM
davidpercy
New Contributor
I spent a bunch of time making sure this was reproducible in 10.1 SP1...

when I use the NONE option for dissolve option in the arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis I get the following error:
"""
ExecuteError: ERROR 000466: C:\Documents and Settings\bjpd\Local Settings\Temp\scratch.gdb\buffer20 does not match the schema of target C:/projects/CEE/PerturbationProcessDataset\OHAS_Household_subset_buf2.shp
Failed to execute (Append).

Failed to execute (MultipleRingBuffer).
"""

when I run it with the ALL dissolve option, it works just fine.

code example:
distances[0] = 100
distances[1] = 300
bufferUnit = "feet"

arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis(inFeatures, outFeatureClass, distances, bufferUnit,"","NONE")

If anyone has a workaround, I will be very appreciative!!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NoelPeterson
New Contributor III
I'm experiencing the same behavior. Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor
I was able to reproduce this as well. I didn't see anything logged in our system for this issue so I have submitted the following bug: [NIM092338 When using arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis with the dissolve parameter set to "None", it will fail with error ERROR 000466: \Temp\scratch.gdb\buffer0 does not match the schema of target.
Failed to execute (Append).]

Thank you for reporting this issue!
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Is working just fine for me.  Can not get it to fail with 32 and 64 bit IDE.  buffering 6088 line features.

>>> import arcpy
>>> arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True
>>> listTable1 = "\\\\mcflight01\\MCFlightData\\HGIS\\Data\\WCH.gdb\\WasteSites\WasteSitesLine"
>>> distances = [100,300]
>>> bufferunit = "Feet"
>>> arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis(listTable1,"C:/Users/rkzufelt/Documents/ArcGIS/Default.gdb/WasteSitesLine_MultipleRingB",distances,bufferunit,"distance","NONE")
<Result 'C:\\Users\\rkzufelt\\Documents\\ArcGIS\\Default.gdb\\WasteSitesLine_MultipleRingB'>
>>>  

I can not get it to work the way you have your distances in   Also, if I try to set distances[0]= anything, I get list assignment index out of range error unless you have already assigned the list objects for the two index positions, in which case, no need to re-set them.  The only snippet of your code that I can get python to accept without error is the  bufferUnit= "feet".

code example:
distances[0] = 100
distances[1] = 300
bufferUnit = "feet"

arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis(inFeatures, outFeatureClass, distances, bufferUnit,"","NONE")

Take a look at my code, and see if that works for you (substituting your data of course),

R_

If still not working, other posts about this issue have had "corrupt" data sets.  Once they cleaned them up, the errors went away.  Might try on a smaller, "clean" data set and see if you can get it working.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
I was able to reproduce this as well. I didn't see anything logged in our system for this issue so I have submitted the following bug: [NIM092338 When using arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis with the dissolve parameter set to "None", it will fail with error ERROR 000466: \Temp\scratch.gdb\buffer0 does not match the schema of target.

Can you actually repeat this when filling out the command properly?  i still can't make it happen in 10.1 sp1.

R-
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Curious as to what type of data you tried this on.  I have tried on a point, line, and polygon FGDB FC in both 32 and 64 py, and no matter what I change, I can not get the error you mention.

All I seem to be able to get is successful <Result Obj>.

R_
0 Kudos
ccain
by
New Contributor
I performed a simple multiring buffer around two points using the code below. This runs fine as long as the Multiringbuffer is set to "ALL"" When set to "Null" it gets the ERROR 000466 does not match the schema of target as described above. I also notice that if I have the output as a feature in a gdb instead of as a .shp it works fine. Notice that the previous poster also had his output going to a gdb and was unable to reproduce the error. This appears to be a problem associated with output in a shapefile format.

CCain

import sys
import os
import arcpy

ptList = [[38.948034, -77.336113],[50.600, 50.081]] # add your data points as pairs in the list
pointlist = []
dist=[10,20,30]
bufferunit="METERS"
for x,y in ptList:

point = arcpy.Point(x,y)
         pointgeometry = arcpy.PointGeometry(point)
         pointlist.append(pointgeometry)

arcpy.MultipleRingBuffer_analysis(pointlist, "c:/temp/multbuf1.shp", dist, bufferunit, "","ALL") #create Mutli buffer around point

exit
0 Kudos