Select to view content in your preferred language

join field tool with overwrites

07-13-2016 08:33 AM
CameronCole1
Deactivated User

I am using model builder to join the excel table I have with a parcel layer based on an ID field. However, every time I update my excel file and re-run the tool the data doesn't overwrite what was already in the parcel table. it just adds all of the fields to it again.

Do I need to pull it out to python and add an overwrite function or is there a easy tool I can just drag into model builder to overwrite what is in the table. Please give a little insight of what is my best practiceExport Graphic.jpg

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CameronCole1
Deactivated User

So I do the join of the table and the feature class and it works. When I right click and look to remove join there is no join relationship there. Same goes for the using the remove join tool. It doesn't see a join.

How can that be? The field are being joined based off one field and I see the new fields in the attribute table.

Everything you have said I tried before you told me. I must just be missing a step.

I am taking the New input parcel (ParcelGDB) making it a parameter to define it then saying remove the join making (ParcelGDB(4)) then adding the new join to add the excel data based off of a field creating (ParcelGDB(3))

Export Graphic.jpg

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

other than the mention of making layers when using remove join in modelbuilder Remove Join—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop