Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to utilize attribute rules on views in an sde database?

12-05-2023 11:38 AM
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I wasn't sure about this, but I wanted to ask. Is it possible to use attribute rules on table views created in a sde database. The reason for asking is we created a view that pulls data from another sde table using a linked server that gets updated every so often and it would be great if attribute rules can be applied to these kinds of tables. This would significantly automate a lot of things and wouldn't require additional scripting. I can write a script in python to search through and update the other features, if need be, but I would rather keep things simple and contained as possible.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Attribute Rules are created with Arcade, which has a FeatureSetByRelationshipName function. So if you're able to register the view with the geodatabase and create a relationship class, maybe you can get to the data from the attribute rules. I'm not sure if it will let you create a relationship class on a db view though.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

That is something we are going to test eventually but as for now I mostly need it to update a feature class and another table. I have two rules right now that will update both, and I am curious to see what is possible since this is my first time working with views.

0 Kudos