insertrow with dictionary and list

08-13-2015 02:01 PM
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

i have a code that has two issues 1. only one point gets updated with the parcel attributes no other points get updated and 2. the  insertRow i currently have does not work it give me .

line 63, in <module>

insCursor.insertRow(row)

TypeError: sequence size must match size of the row

basically i am trying to create multiple points that spatially joins the new created points to parcels and updates the points attributes based on what parcel the points are created i am not sure why i am getting the following error.

line 63, in <module>

insCursor.insertRow(row)

TypeError: sequence size must match size of the row

I have checked to see if the "point" is being updated by the updatecursor with arcpy.FeatureClassToFeatureClass_conversion(point, "C:\Temp\Default.gdb", "p_lyr")  after updateRows.updateRow(updateRow)  and it looks like only one point gets updated.
Separate question, Can i use the SpatialJoin to "In_memory" instead of to a gdb?
I would really appreciate some help please.
working with.

#import modules

import arcpy

# Allow overwrite

arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

arcpy.env.qualifiedFieldNames = False

# Script user input parameters

pointFC = "CCA

parcel = "Parcels1" #Taxparcels

arcpy.env.workspace = r"C:\Temp\Default.gdb"

parcel_lyr = 'parcel_lyr'

sjpoints = "C:\Temp\Default.gdb\sjpoints"

poly = "ACCOUNT_1"

Pnt =  "Account"

mxd = arcpy.mapping.MapDocument("CURRENT")

df = arcpy.mapping.ListDataFrames(mxd)[0]

dfsr = df.spatialReference

fcsr = arcpy.Describe(pointFC).spatialReference

if dfsr.name == fcsr.name:

"""Now do your work"""

point = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)  #click

for prow in arcpy.da.SearchCursor(point,'SHAPE@XY'): 

x,y = prow[0]

del prow

point1 = arcpy.Point(x, y) 

ptGeometry = arcpy.PointGeometry(point1)

insCursor = arcpy.da.InsertCursor(pointFC,'SHAPE@XY') # create insert cursor

arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(parcel,parcel_lyr) 

arcpy.SelectLayerByLocation_management(parcel_lyr,"INTERSECT",point)

#Run the Spatial Join tool, using the defaults for the join operation and join type

arcpy.SpatialJoin_analysis(point, parcel_lyr , sjpoints)

#arcpy.FeatureClassToFeatureClass_conversion(parcel_lyr, "C:\Temp\Default.gdb", "parcel_lyr")

# define the field list from the spatial join

sourceFieldsList = ["TARGET_FID", poly,"SiteAddress",'SiteNum_1', 'SiteStreet_1','SiteStreet_1','SiteNumSfx_1','Predir_1','Postdir_1', 'SiteCity_1', 'SiteZIP_1', 'OwnerName_1']

# define the field list to the original points

updateFieldsList = ["OID@", Pnt,"SiteAddres",'SiteNum','StreetName', 'SiteStreet', 'SiteNumSfx','Predir', 'Postdir', 'SiteCity', 'SiteZip', 'OwnerName']

# populate the dictionary from the polygon

valueDict = {r[0]:(r[1:]) for r in arcpy.da.SearchCursor(sjpoints, sourceFieldsList)}

with arcpy.da.UpdateCursor(point, updateFieldsList) as updateRows:

for updateRow in updateRows:

keyValue = updateRow[0]

if keyValue in valueDict:

for n in range (1,len(sourceFieldsList)):

updateRow = valueDict[keyValue][n-1]

updateRows.updateRow(updateRow)

#arcpy.FeatureClassToFeatureClass_conversion(point, "C:\Temp\Default.gdb", "p_lyr")

with arcpy.da.SearchCursor(point,('Account','SiteAddres','SiteNum','StreetName', 'SiteStreet', 'SiteNumSfx','Predir', 'Postdir', 'SiteCity', 'SiteZip', 'OwnerName')) as cursor: # loop through feature set

for row in cursor:

row = []

insCursor.insertRow(row)

arcpy.RefreshActiveView()

0 Kudos
15 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

Looking at this again, I'm not sure I'm on the right track. I see you've got a couple cursors open and I can't follow what the goal is. Could you please clarify (maybe with a screenshot) what exactly you're trying to do here?

basically i am trying to create multiple points that spatially joins the new created points to parcels and updates the points attributes based on what parcel the points are created i am not sure why i am getting the following error.
PacoAlverez
New Contributor III

ok,  i would like to create points to a point layer by mouse click . Some times i will only create one point and some times 5,10, etc. I need the points to update certain attributes from the parcels they are created on top of at that time.

thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

This sounds like something that has been discussed many other times (three by you in the past month). Is this thread for 2CDSD 2C​ or Paco ALVAREZ​?

PacoAlverez
New Contributor III

I am paco

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

And I am done here.

CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

I have tried to edit my original and my second post  with firefox, explorer and Chrome and they all do the same thing. When i select the python text and click on insert syntax highlighting then select python it puts the code in python format but once i hit save reply it shows my post but it's back to plan text. WTH is going on?

0 Kudos