I want to know wich of the tools can make a map like this one?

02-13-2018 07:34 PM
VictorPerez1
New Contributor

Hi guys, I want to do this kind of maps, actually I don't recognize what's the specific tool. But i have points with information so I would like to make it.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

I cannot access the image you linked, so I don't know what the map looks like.

0 Kudos
VictorPerez1
New Contributor

Hi Richar, can you see now?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is no one tool that makes that map.  It is the result of an analysis process

0 Kudos
VictorPerez1
New Contributor

So...what steps i have to follow to do this kind of analysis?

0 Kudos
JamesMacKay3
Occasional Contributor

As that's a web map, it could be as simple as publishing a feature layer using ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Online, creating a web map and applying a heat map renderer to your layer.  How it turns out depends on what your point data look like though.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You also have this posted in the Python place.

Why do you think python is needed as well?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You will have to take a snapshot of the map you are trying to creat, and give a little more information about how you data points are stored.  Are they in an excel spreadsheet? A shapefile? A feature class?

what software do you have access to?  ArcGiS online account only? (Organization or personal/public?)  ArcPro? ArcGIS Desktop? Enterprise? (and versions)   Are you looking to develop using Python (as Dan asked) or maybe the API for Python (different than just Python/arcpy) or maybe a web map using JavaScript?

lots of questions, I know.  And a picture we can see would help answer some of this maybe.  Many here willing to help, but not enough info yet for us to answer.