Select to view content in your preferred language

I'm a student and I need a python script that i can use for ArcMap

Jump to solution
11-12-2014 11:48 AM
PhilipKegels
New Contributor II

i'm a student and I need a python script that i can use for ArcMap

"A developer is looking for 10 lots for residential property development. Conditions to which the land to be acquired must satisfy:

Uncultivated ?

Located in a residential zone or residential expansion Conditions to which the land to be acquired should preferably meet:

Surface area per plot: between 500 and 700 m²

The plots are located at:      o minimum distance of 2.0 km from any form of industrial

o maximum distance of 2.0 km from recreation

o maximum distance of 500 m from park or forest

o maximum distance of 3 km from a regional road

"

Is there any one that can help me?!

Thx

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Since when students make what teachers say? Never heared that 🙂

What faculty forbid the use of model builder? And if it's like that, you can use it nevertheless ... if you have finished, it's easy to change the cody so that it doesn't looks model builder alike.

That's what I would do ...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Philip

I have produced a demo workaround to the use of modelbuilder on my blog.  This is part 1.  Part 2 of the blog will be completed over the weekend ... hope this gives you some idea.

The pdf document there will give you the generic workflow for a particular task.  Your task would be to emulate it with your requirements.

The next instalment will show how to incorporate arcpy's mapping module within a workflow as either a substitute or an enhancement to general ArcToolbox tools

Regards
Dan

ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Dan:

This is a nice summary in your blog.  I didn't know about the Python Code Snippet function - that will be handy.  Thanks for posting that.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Chris...more to come...you can tie in the arcpy.mapping module with this as well.  Should be done over the weekend at the latest since I will be using this amongst my examples for a class next week...

0 Kudos
PhilipKegels
New Contributor II

Dan, thanks a lot!!!!

Please, can you sent me an email: philipkegels@hotmail.com   -> If you want, i sent you my data. Maybe you can watch at it?

When I open a blank map --> there is no current session.

Thx!!!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Philip... because of demands I can't look at individual cases.  The current session is the one that is open when you open arcmap

0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Philip, I think Dan still did a lot for you, he could do it easiliy. But it's your work to learn it, if you want to reach his skills 🙂

By the way, I would be interested to hear about your instructors reasons why you should't use model builder?

Could you ask him?

Maybe he's here inside and could enlight me?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Just in case the assignment isn't due yet, I have posted another installment on my blog You are not allowed to use geoprocessing results the students get smarter  Enjoy
Dan

0 Kudos