Huff Model

Jump to solution
10-03-2011 10:15 AM
rrjs67
by
Hi

This is written for ArcGIS 9.3 however, I am using ArcGIS 10. The code is written as tool. by Mr. Drew Flater (http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=15999).
Could anyone please change to ArcGIS 10 compatible?

I am getting the error with the sample data given with the tool:
<type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 29-31: ordinal not in range(128)

and the error with my data is attached:

Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
RaymondChetti1
New Contributor II
@Clinton, thanks for your reply. Drew Flater wrote back and mentioned that my points are not snapped along my road/street network (but despite following this the network is still not working). I wrote back to Drew and said:
When I run the OD Cost Matrix I get the error message below ("No Destinations found for point # in Origins). Origins are sub-districts (demand/market spending potential) and destinations are cafes (supply points). 
Even though my points (demand and supply) are snapped to the route/street/network lines, I am still getting the same error. See below with origin point #92. What can be the problem since my network abides by "Any Vertex" and "Global Turns"? 
OD Cost Matrix:
Inline image 15
Network:
Inline image 16
Inline image 12
Inline image 13
Inline image 14
To calculate Speed_CostFinal I used: [Length_Field_Meters] / 1609 * 60 / [Speed_Field_MPH] - http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000011800
Inline image 8
0 Kudos
ClintonDow1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Raymond, I'm personally unfamiliar with the finer details of the tool itself but can offer some suggestions. However your pictures aren't showing up - any chance you could upload them to an image host like TinyPic - I think right now the ones you've linked currently are password protected for me. 

RaymondChetti1
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
ClintonDow1

The links to the pictures are still broken unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
RaymondChetti1
New Contributor II

Sorry about that. These should work!! I'm not sure why they weren't before but...

0 Kudos
ClintonDow1

Okay I can see them now, thanks. It still looks to me like the destination points are not along the network. In your first screenshot several of the 'blue squares' that symbolize destinations don't actually touch the network. In the properties for your destinations, under the Network Locations tab did you set the search tolerance and snap to: closest? Help Documentation

0 Kudos