how to replace selected range of attribute value from specific filed using Arc GIS Field Calculator

Jump to solution
08-27-2016 10:54 AM
ShouvikJha
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to change the Solar field (Alphabatic position is i of this field) value. In Solar field  whichever value below 10 , i am trying to replace it by 15. So i am trying it using Arc GIS filed calculator. but i could not process it. I have attached below the images of my field value range and type. Please suggest me to this task. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a very important omission, I thought from the image they were already selected.  Well the quick way would be to do a query on that field which you can do via a Using Select By Attributes—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop which is available as a menu option, accessable within the table, or as a tool in arctoolbox.... then, a quick field calculate with my previous suggestion of ... 15 ... since they will all be selected, you will be done.  If you are afraid of a mistake, just get the table into edit mode so you can undo your calculation.  Total time, < 30 seconds

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

since you have the records already selected... just type in  ... 15 ... without the quotes

ShouvikJha

Dan_Patterson   There are total more than 15000 row, so by manually typing its very taking process to check each row . Therefore i want to apply condition statement through filed calculator 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a very important omission, I thought from the image they were already selected.  Well the quick way would be to do a query on that field which you can do via a Using Select By Attributes—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop which is available as a menu option, accessable within the table, or as a tool in arctoolbox.... then, a quick field calculate with my previous suggestion of ... 15 ... since they will all be selected, you will be done.  If you are afraid of a mistake, just get the table into edit mode so you can undo your calculation.  Total time, < 30 seconds

ShouvikJha

I have selected the value which fall under 10 by select by attribute . After selection how i can i replace my desire vale of 15, into all row  ?

0 Kudos
ShouvikJha

Dan_Patterson‌. Thank you very much. I have done it. 

0 Kudos