HEC-GeoHMS: Importing HEC-GeoHMS Toolbox

01-31-2016 11:01 PM
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III

I need assistance in importing HEC-GeoHMS Toolbox into Python. I haven't been able to find any examples of the correct syntax to import and use the tools within the HEC-GeoHMS Toolbox. The code below is based on export a model from ModelBuilder with one of the HEC-GeoHMS tools within it. It keeps telling me that there are no arguments. Any help will be appreciated.

'''
Created on Feb 1, 2016

@author: PeterW
'''
import arcpy

# import HEC-GeoHMS toolbox
arcpy.ImportToolbox(r"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\GeoHMS Tools.tbx")

# set input arguments
Subbasin = r"E:\Python\ModelBuilder\Model01.gdb\Layers\Watershed"
Centroid = r"E:\Python\ModelBuilder\Model01.gdb\Layers\Centroid"
LongestFlowPath = r"E:\Python\ModelBuilder\Model01.gdb\Layers\LongestFlowPath_2D"
Output_Centroidal_Longest_Flow_Path = r"E:\Python\ModelBuilder\Model01.gdb\Layers\CentroidalLongestFlowPath2"

# determine the centroidal longest flowpath
arcpy.AddMessage("Processing Centroidal Longest Flowpath")
arcpy.CentroidalLongestFlowpath_geohms(Subbasin, Centroid, LongestFlowPath, Output_Centroidal_Longest_Flow_Path) #@UndefinedVariable

The error message that I receive is attached below:

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever resolve this?  i have the same need/problem.

0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Thomas, Unfortunately not. I kept getting error messages. Not sure if ESRI\USACE have added python support to HEC-GeoRAS. GeoRAS might not be supported in HEC-RAS 5 as they are building their own GIS functionality directly into HEC-RAS  to mitigate the need for HEC-GeoRAS.

0 Kudos