Select to view content in your preferred language

gp.CalculateField_management "not found"

Jump to solution
05-30-2019 12:12 AM
JiyueZeng
New Contributor

Hi,

I am an user of ArcGIS(Arcmap) but I do not know much about programming. I have been given a python script and it basically combine two fields and put them in a new attribute field e.g. attribute field 1 = 000 and attribute field 2 = 1, scripts makes attribute field 3 = 0001. After I assembled a new workstation, I installed ArcGIS 10.6.1 and this screenshot below is what occurs when I try to run the script. I am positive that the script is good because all of my colleagues run it without problems.  I have even tried reinstalling Windows 10 as well as many other things such as reinstalling ArcGIS. I am kinda running out of options... and I don't know what to do. 

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, I would really really really appreciate it! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JiyueZeng
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Problem solved! I thought reinstalling Windows and ArcGIS would solve it but apparently my Data Management Tools toolbox was somehow corrupted, and the error message is actually correct in identifying the problem.... which I have been ignoring all along thinking a fresh install would have recovered whatever was missing...

The error was gone after I copied a new Data Management Tools from another computer to this computer.

Thank you very much for your insight! I probably would not have solved it without your post!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The error message states that the tool can't be found and/or the path to the data are incorrect.

As for the first error.... arcmap/ArcGIS pro is installed on your machine?

Check the full path to the dataset to confirm its location for the second error

JiyueZeng
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Problem solved! I thought reinstalling Windows and ArcGIS would solve it but apparently my Data Management Tools toolbox was somehow corrupted, and the error message is actually correct in identifying the problem.... which I have been ignoring all along thinking a fresh install would have recovered whatever was missing...

The error was gone after I copied a new Data Management Tools from another computer to this computer.

Thank you very much for your insight! I probably would not have solved it without your post!