Geoprocessing Service Failing on ArcGIS Server Only

Jump to solution
09-30-2014 09:58 AM
ShaneBuscher
Occasional Contributor

I have an extremely simple python toolbox failing on ArcGIS Server.  Here's the background:

Machine

• Server 2012 R2
  • ArcGIS Server 10.2 Advanced
  • ArcGIS Desktop 10.2

Steps:

1. Run SimpleTool in Desktop (successful)
  2. Publish SimpleTool to ArcGIS Server (successful)
  3. Run SimpleTool Geoprocessing Service (fails)

When running the AGS GP service from within ArcGIS Desktop, I get a minimal 'Failed' error. AGS logs an error of 'Tool is not valid'.  Well, if it weren't valid it shouldn't have run successfully in Desktop before publishing...

My best guess was python and/or arcpy could not be found.  I added python to the system PATH and also created and set a PYTHONPATH system environment variable.  No dice. Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaneBuscher
Occasional Contributor

Troubleshooting

When the geoprocessing service was executed the module (er, pyt) was failing when trying to import arcpy.  ArcGIS Server didn't recognize the path.  Not sure how this came to be, but guessing it had to do with having Desktop and Server on the same machine. 

Solution

Run the installation for ArcGIS Server and perform a repair.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShaneBuscher
Occasional Contributor

Troubleshooting

When the geoprocessing service was executed the module (er, pyt) was failing when trying to import arcpy.  ArcGIS Server didn't recognize the path.  Not sure how this came to be, but guessing it had to do with having Desktop and Server on the same machine. 

Solution

Run the installation for ArcGIS Server and perform a repair.  

0 Kudos