ERROR 000732 View does not exist or unsupported after 10.3 upgrade

Jump to solution
04-17-2015 08:38 AM
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

We have a few models that update a point and polygon feature class in our DB a few times a day using a view into our projects DB. We have exported this to py and made a small change "arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True" and set to run using windows task manager. All good until we moved our beta to 10.3 earlier this week. I realized after a few days that the script was failing in task manager.

I ran the script in Idle to see if I could trace the problem. Viola... this is what we see.

ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.

ERROR 000732: XY Table: Dataset Database Connections\inserrtservername.sde\EBISDE.dbo.project_tel_new_vw does not exist or is not supported

Failed to execute (MakeXYEventLayer).

The view works. I return records when I view in SSMS and Catalog. The model works, and writes new features to the features in the DB. I even deleted my DB connection in catalog, made a new one. Opened the models and re-pointed the GP tools to the view and features hoping this would clear up any mis-matched connection names etc. and export to python. 

What happened at 10.3 that python is unable to make the DB connection? Seems straight forward, but I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What is the correct syntax for the database connection in v10.3?

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

from this string.  Database Connections\washout.sde\EBISDE.dbo.project_tel_new_vw

I replaced

Database Connections\\

with

C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\ESRI\\Desktop10.3\\ArcCatalog\\

I did the same for all the features being used by this model as well. It's successful

TiffanySelvidge1

Thank you very much for posting this. I was going out of my mind trying to figure out why python but not modelbuilder had a problem with my geocoder input sql table and composite locator parameters.

BugPie
by

Tiffany, sounds like you had the same experience as myself trying to figure this out. Misery loves company, so thank YOU, I feel better now!

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

You are welcome.

Unfortunately now that my parameters are accepted, and my overwrite code is accepted, python has decided it just will not geocode. Keep getting a generic failed to execute geocode error. Let the additional misery commence.

0 Kudos