Select to view content in your preferred language

Does the current library of python modules, that is included with ArcGIS Pro, include the FloPy module or can that be requested in the future?

Jump to solution
08-24-2022 10:37 AM
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if the current library of python modules that is included with ArcGIS Pro includes the module FloPy? If it doesn't, is that is something that can be requested for future instances or will that module have to be individually installed? I am looking to utilize it for run some complex analysis for stormwater. I know USGS uses it but I wasn't sure if it is something that is automatically included with Pro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Adding to Dan's response, we don't currently include any CFD related functionality in Pro, but you can install FloPy by following its installation instructions:

https://github.com/modflowpy/flopy#installation

If you start a Python Command Prompt session in a custom environment, you can run conda install conda-forge::flopy or the install command they used above. You can also install it through pip. We continually evaluate the package set, but typically the packages that end up directly in the core software are either (a) used by the tools that we develop themselves or (b) show a broad and general pattern of utility for a large number of customers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It isn't part of the distribution, but if it is hosted on Anaconda it can be installed in a clone.

You can examine the packages in the distribution by going to the Project backstage (Project Tab, then Package Manager).  You can clone there if you aren't familiar with command line conda.

The use-case for the package would be specialized, so it wont be included in future releases, which is why you have the ability to clone and create specialized environments

... sort of retired...
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Thanks Dan for letting me know.

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Adding to Dan's response, we don't currently include any CFD related functionality in Pro, but you can install FloPy by following its installation instructions:

https://github.com/modflowpy/flopy#installation

If you start a Python Command Prompt session in a custom environment, you can run conda install conda-forge::flopy or the install command they used above. You can also install it through pip. We continually evaluate the package set, but typically the packages that end up directly in the core software are either (a) used by the tools that we develop themselves or (b) show a broad and general pattern of utility for a large number of customers.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

I was thinking of doing just that. I wanted to double check to see if it was already pre-existing in the current set of libraries. Thanks @ShaunWalbridge for letting me know.