Combine two scripts into one when intermediate output is multivalue

08-25-2018 05:45 PM
GiacomoFavaron
New Contributor III

I have two scripts, the first generates a table with different fields as an output while the second script uses that output as input.

The two scripts are separated because I need the user to manually select multiple values from the output of the first script.

Is there a way to combine the two scripts together? My aim is to publish them as a geoprocessing service and consume it in WAB.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

manual selection won't happen. If you wanted to do this in arcmap or pro, you would have to use two tools in a toolbox, the first generating the output and the second doing the selection.

Alternately, if they knew what they wanted to select ahead of time, it could be specified as a query (select by attributes) which would follow the creation of the outputs.

There are options to do interactive sessions in Pro but they are more geared to creating a geometry object to use as input to a tool (ie create a point, then run a Near analysis from the created point and another geometry file)

GiacomoFavaron
New Contributor III

Thank you for answering Dan, you took away any doubt I had.

As an alternative would it be possible to tie two geoprocessing services in a single widget in wab? I can't find anything on the blog or in the documentation

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Widgets, wabs and web-stuff are my compatriot's domain... Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ … one for your side of the forest Robert, if you have any suggestions

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I can be done by an experienced programmer and a custom widget, but there is no way using existing widgets that I am aware of.