Assign Picture Marker Symbol to Layer using ArcPy

09-20-2018 10:46 AM
Business_IntelligenceSoftware
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've been looking for python code that would be able to assign a PNG image as the logo/symbol for an ArcGIS Pro feature class; but I have been unable to find any examples of this being done. Is this possible using python/arcpy? If so, could someone please share the documentation/code with me? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if it is symbolized already Save To Layer File—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

or are you looking for arcpy functions related to Symbology—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

Business_IntelligenceSoftware
Occasional Contributor

I was looking for an arcpy function related to Symbology, but if that doesn't exist then I may just need to symbolize my feature classes by hand and then save them as a layer file. That way I could use my apply symbology from layer script for future projects where I need to use the picture marker symbols.   

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to poke around... some things have properties and methods that allow for a degree of customization or application

Symbol—ArcPy | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
RHmapping
New Contributor II

old thread but I have added an example of this on a newer thread here, using CIM access in Pro 3.2 .. Changing the Symbology to Picture Marker with a lo... - Esri Community

0 Kudos