Select to view content in your preferred language

arcpy.PackageMap_Management Version Issue

Jump to solution
08-15-2015 08:50 AM
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

I have written some Python code to create a map package that we are using inside of an ArcGIS Runtime application.  We are running this script against ArcGIS version 10.3, but I need a map package for version 10.1.  Even though I am only specifying 10.1 for the version parameter I get a map package that contains both v101 and v103 directories which means the map package is twice the size it needs to be.  This is not good for mobile applications that need to download that data over wireless networks.  We obviously want to keep file size to a minimum.  Here is the syntax I am using ...

arcpy.PackageMap_management((mxdPath + "\\" + mpkBaseName + ".mxd",

mpkPath + mpkBaseName + ".mpk",

"",

"",

"DISPLAY",

"ALL",

"RUNTIME",

"NOT_REFERENCED",

"10.1",

"",

"",

"")

The only reason we need to revert to a 10.1 map package is due to an Esri bug where they inexplicably decided not to include an MSD file in every map package version other than 10.1.  The DOTNET Runtime API needs that MSD file to do its thing.  So it looks like they're getting me coming and going here.  Is this another bug, intended behavior, or am I missing something?  Any help is appreciated ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaxBöcke1
New Contributor

Go-To: https://community.esri.com/thread/177991 --> there is a patch for 10.3.1 to resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MaxBöcke1
New Contributor

Hi there,

i've got the same issue. The biggest problem is the data volume. When i unpack the mpk-file i have one version of data in 10.1 and one data in 10.3. How can I get the data only for 10.1 with msd-file or is there a patch so i get the right data in 10.3. together with a msd-file?

Here my python-code snippet:

arcpy.PackageMap_management(GN_GAS_mxd, GN_GAS_mpk, "CONVERT", "CONVERT_ARCSDE", "DEFAULT", "ALL", "RUNTIME", "NOT_REFERENCED", "10.1", "", "", "")

I'm encouraged for an response...

Thanks alot.

Max

0 Kudos
MaxBöcke1
New Contributor

Go-To: https://community.esri.com/thread/177991 --> there is a patch for 10.3.1 to resolve the issue.