In the course of automating my processes, I noticed that the storage format "EXPLODED" parameter is not being honored in a stand alone python script. Every time I run the tool, it always outputs ".bundle" files. It is supposed to output a folder structure with many ".png" image files.
import arcpy arcpy.ExportTileCache_management( "G:\GIS\Projects\Tile_Cache\GUI_packed_tile_cache\Map", "G:\GIS\Projects\Tile_Cache", "python_exploded_tile_cache", "TILE_CACHE", "EXPLODED", <----------DOES NOT WORK, seems to only use "COMPACT"/"COMPATV_V2" (288895.277144, 144447.638572, 72223.819286, 36111.909643, 18055.954822, 9027.977411), "G:\GIS\Projects\Tile_Cache\Tile_Features2.gdb\aoi" )
This tool seems to work fine using the GUI in ArcGIS Pro. This is ok, I guess, but my workflow involves many other steps, which are all automated in Python.
Using the exact same parameters and inputs, I have two different results:
Running the tool using the GUI in ArcGIS Pro, the output is correct:
However, using a stand alone python script, the tiles are not exploded. Instead, they are still packed in a ".bundle" file.
Note: I've tried this with the input tile cached created with both the ArcGIS Pro GUI "Managed Tile Cache" tool and the stand alone "arcpy.ManageTileCache_management()" tool, which works as it's supposed to in both cases.