ArcGIS Pro toolbox backwards compatibility issue

08-27-2020 09:43 AM
JavierMardones
New Contributor

Toolboxes created in ArcGIS Pro cannot be saved for compatibility in 10.5/10.6 (or below). It just saves a new toolbox with the same ArcGIS Pro compatibility, which cannot be opened on 10.x. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Creating a new toolbox from 10.5 would be time consuming. Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pro toolboxes should work within pro.

If not, save it as a 10.6 toolbox, then bring it back into pro in whatever version

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JavierMardones
New Contributor

It doesn't work. I think the latest update messed up the "save as" compatibility with 10.x. it was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Now for some reason the "save as" option just creates a copy of your toolbox without backwards compatibility.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will have to file a case with Tech Support.  They will need a copy of your toolbox to address the issue

... sort of retired...
ClaudiaBenz
New Contributor

Hi,

was this issue ever resolved for you? Since I've updated from Pro 2.5 to 2.6 I've also been unable to save toolboxes to Desktop 10.6 for my colleagues.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000115361: When a toolbox in ArcGIS Pro is saved using the Save.. 

is the only one listed, but it is for modelbuilder tools.  Perhaps it wasn't reported

... sort of retired...
ClaudiaBenz
New Contributor

Thanks for the fast answer and the reference! I didn't find this one when searching in the known bugs. 

I'll see if I can use the alternate solution and report the bug regardless as this was reported for Pro 2.2 instead of 2.6 I've been using.

0 Kudos
javiermb1
New Contributor

Sorry for the late reply, this issue has not been solved. I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1 and the backward compatibility is still not working.

0 Kudos