Apply Symbology from ArcPy - Classified - Exclusion Values

08-22-2011 06:23 AM
TomWilcox
New Contributor
Hi,

I am experiencing a similar problem to this thread: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/37697-Q.-about-how-to-best-use-Symbology-gt-Quantities-gt-Graduated...

I am trying to automate the application of layer symbology to a newly created layer.

The layers are rasters. I am trying to set the symbology so that it uses Classified with 32 Quantile classes and a particular Colour Ramp. This has been achieved using arcpy.ApplySymbologyFromLayer_management("input0.TIF","symbols_layer").

However, I also need to set some Exclusion Values in the range 0-minimum_raster_point_value. This has 2 issues. The main problem is that the ApplySymbologyFromLayer() arcpy function does seem to set the Exclusion Values from the symbology layer. The second issue is that I would need those values to be dynamically set since the minimum raster point value changes across the new layers being modified.

Is there any way I can set the Exclusion Values for the Classification symbology properties via scripting? If not via python and arcpy, would it be possible for me to use the ArcGIS SDK to perform this process of applying symbology and setting exclusion values?

Thanks for your help.

Tom
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies