Appending Multiple Personal Geodatabase tables

08-20-2019 01:37 PM
shildebrand
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to append multiple personal geodatabase tables to a 2nd stand-alone personal geodatabase table using a python script.  The idea here is that the user would select a workspace folder that has multiple personal geodatabases (.mdb's) that each have tables named "Valve", "Hydrant", and "Cannot_Locate_Valve".  The script would then create a new file geodatabase ("CombinedData.gdb") and import an .xml file that has the following two tables: "Daily_Valve" and "Daily_Hydrant".  The script will then append all tables named "Valve" or "Cannot_Locate_Valve" into the just created "Daily_Valve" and append all tables named "Hydrant" into the "Daily_Hydrant" table.  The screenshot below shows the directory structure that I am referring to.  Can anyone lead me in the right direction on this?

import arcpy
from arcpy import env
import arcpy.da as da
import os

#Set Workspace
workspace = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)

#Create .mdb to Hold Combined Valve & Hydrant Data
target_geodatabase = arcpy.CreateFileGDB_management(workspace, "CombinedData.gdb")

#Load Schema
arcpy.ImportXMLWorkspaceDocument_management (target_geodatabase, r"W:\Projects\KansasCityMO\Valve And Hydrant\Data\Databases\KCMO_DAILY_FILE.xml", "SCHEMA_ONLY")

#Search for Valve & Hydrant Tables and Append to Combined Daily Tables
for dirpath, dirnames, filenames in da.Walk(workspace, datatype="Table"):
   for filename in filenames:
      if filename == "Valve" or "Cannot_Locate_Valve":
         arcpy.Append_management(os.path.join(dirpath, filename), target_geodatabase, "TEST", "", "")
      elif filename == "Hydrant":
         arcpy.Append_management(os.path.join(dirpath, filename), target_geodatabase, "TEST", "", "")

0 Kudos
10 Replies
shildebrand
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Blake, I appreciate the feedback!

0 Kudos