Select to view content in your preferred language

Activate map frame arcpy

Jump to solution
a week ago
MK13
by
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to activate a map frame with arcpy?

@JeffBarrette @JeffMoulds 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

@MK13 there is not a way to activate a map frame from arcpy.mp and we don't have plans to provide that capability but I would like to hear more about your scenario.  We have a few exceptions (e.g., opening and closing views) but try to provide functions that can work with scripts in the application and stand alone scripts outside the application.  Activating a map frame would only work in the application. The .NET SDK provides finer grained capabilities to perform operations like this and its main focus with Add-ins is to work within the contest of the application.

Jeff - Layout and arcpy.mp teams

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

@MK13 there is not a way to activate a map frame from arcpy.mp and we don't have plans to provide that capability but I would like to hear more about your scenario.  We have a few exceptions (e.g., opening and closing views) but try to provide functions that can work with scripts in the application and stand alone scripts outside the application.  Activating a map frame would only work in the application. The .NET SDK provides finer grained capabilities to perform operations like this and its main focus with Add-ins is to work within the contest of the application.

Jeff - Layout and arcpy.mp teams

MK13
by
Occasional Contributor

Coming from the pro sdk I had imagined that I would have to activate the map frame before adding data to it but I guess I don't have to if I can utilise map.addLayer or addDataFromPath.

0 Kudos