"You can't use Modelbuilder": When Instructors need to get smarter

08-31-2016 07:20 AM
Labels (1)
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 4 3,269

This post was inspired by the GeoNet thread... https://community.esri.com/thread/116880

I'm a student and I need a python script that i can use for ArcMap

I usually suggest that my students use Modelbuilder to build workflows, export to a python script, then modify the script for general use with the existing, or other, data sets.  I personally don't use Modelbuilder, but I have used one of two methods to generate the needed workflow .... Method 1 will be presented in this post...method 2 follows.

Method 1

Do it once...get the script...modify and reuse

Because of the imbedded images...please open the *.pdf file to view the complete discussion...

Regards

Dan

4 Comments
MarisaRamey
New Contributor II

Hey Dan,

Where is the pdf?

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Marisa do you not see a ResultsWindowToPythonScript.pdf attachment just above the stars?  You may need to be logged in if you aren't

ColleenSwain
New Contributor

Dan,

This is very useful. Thanks.

Colleen

BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Dan, Nice example of thinking out of the box or what-options-do-I-have-left when the most obvious choice is unavailable, which is, or sometimes will be, a day to day hazard for developers ..

About the Author
Retired Geomatics Instructor at Carleton University. I am a forum MVP and Moderator. Current interests focus on python-based integration in GIS. See... Py... blog, my GeoNet blog...
Labels