python 3.6... what is new in the Anaconda distribution

02-09-2017 05:22 PM
Labels (1)
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 4 1,694

New ... Now that python 3.x is 8 years old, it became obvious that Continuum would update their package distribution

I have just started playing with doing non-Arc*ish stuff for now since only the 3.4 3.6 distribution is officially supported in ArcGIS PRO.  I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my old-time favourite IDEs back ... Pythonwin ... by Mark Hammond.

Mix a little Spyder, 'win and Jupyter console across multiple screens working on separate things and they all behaved nice.

I will post more as I find it... but for now, here are they are... (pycharm and others will join the play group when I have time).

anaconda for python 3.6

And a closer look at Spyder

Check it out and compare anaconda package documentation

:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matplotlib

Yes... version 2.0.0 is now here.  check ... http://matplotlib.org/ for more information 

It is part of the new distribution and enables you to work with the 'classic' style (sic status quo) or the new style.

4 Comments
About the Author
Retired Geomatics Instructor at Carleton University. I am a forum MVP and Moderator. Current interests focus on python-based integration in GIS. See... Py... blog, my GeoNet blog...
Labels