Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute updating in Python Addins

08-08-2018 12:39 AM
StephenPage
New Contributor

We have many land class polygons to manually edit. I wish to create a button bar - in Python AddIns - with buttons to allocate the selected polygon (once edited) to the appropriate class (ie update attribute field). There would be buttons for Class 1, Class 2 etc..

so

i) edit polygon (eg cut)

ii) with polygon selected, click appropriate button (eg Class 1) to allocate polygon (attribute) to the appropriate land class

I can do this in ArcPy, but am new to AddIns. I am not able to find information on how to apply code in Addins

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'd suggest starting here What is a Python add-in?—Help | ArcGIS Desktop and study each of the online help sections related to addins.  I started a fairly large project a year or so ago, and will be breathing new life into it again in the next few weeks; when I started the project, I couldn't even spell Python.  Take your time and experiment as you go.

From the sounds of it, you'll need to be able to start an edit session, choose a value from a combo box for your land value and then make the change.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos