Unable to see a service at the REST endpoint but I can consume and view it in a web map in Portal

03-04-2021 12:32 PM
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

Published a service to ArcGIS Server (v10.61) with no errors. I can navigate to the REST endpoint from ArcGIS Server Manager By clicking the link under Capabilities (where I'd expect to see the service details), but I get a blank screen. 

In Portal, I can see the service and when I open the Service Overview and click on one of the Layers in the service, it takes me right to the service URL and it looks how I'd expect.

when I navigate to the REST endpoint from Portal, I stay logged in to Portal and I THINK that's why I can see the service details that way.

So my question: why can't I see the REST endpoint when I navigate there from ArcGIS Server Manager when I'm logged in to Manager with the SAME USER as on Portal? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

The main reasons why we wouldn't be able to see services listed from the REST endpoint would be if the service is stopped in Server Manager, or the user account we are signed in as does not have permissions to view the service.

If both of these are good, then I would suspect it may be a browser cache issue that may be resolved by resetting the browser.

-Calvin

wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

SMH I had neglected to share the service. 🙄

0 Kudos