Server Manager Log questions

02-18-2021 08:46 AM
HeatherHamilton
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am checking the server manager log to help diagnose server issues.  In my watching, I have noticed a couple Severe errors that I cannot find help with addressing.

We are on 10.8.

Exception in Put(): 31152 Put exception: the client id 31152 already has a value Attendance/MiddleAttendance_2021_2022.MapServer31152 checked out.

Code: 393939

Method Name: 

DynamicServiceCache::GetService

I also receive the same code/method name with an Exception in Get().

Then it will follow with warnings and severe for the "System/DynamicMappingHost.MapServer"/Error code: 8001

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Heather.

14 Replies
Joel_Lopez
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone, coming across a similar error. Does this have to do with shared instances? In our case, the error is saying that map service A (tied to database A and in its own folder on ArcGIS Server) cannot be checked out because map service B (tied to database B and in its own folder on ArcGIS Server) is already checked out. 
We have 254 map services, most of them published as shared instances. 

Errors

Exception in Get(): _GetItemIterator exception: client id 19972 is trying to check out FolderA/MapServiceA.MapServer but it already checked out FolderB/MapServiceB.MapServer19972

Service instance activation failed in 'System/DynamicMappingHost.MapServer'. AutomationException: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing this also. I wonder if it is tied to Shared Instances somehow. The 2 feature services mine are referencing have nothing to do with each other. I'll have to call Esri Tech support.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Ditto on 10.9.1.

This is causing Fieldmaps to crash repeatedly for field staff.

@Anonymous User did you learn anything from tech support?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ahargreaves_FW sorry, I never called them back in August. I saw a lot of error messages and poor performance from Shared Instances so the feature services that had high demand I changed to Dedicated Instances and haven't had any problems since. Check how many cores you have and are licensed for with ArcGIS Server and how much your server can handle - that was also part of our problem. 

AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

yep - we're getting the 'but it already checked out' warning - plus a few crashes - we've just gone live with Pro generated services so they are defaulting into the Shared Pool - whilst I get the theory, I;m not sure of it in practice

A question: The Shared pool seems to have an Idle Time out defaulting (and unchangeable) to 30 minutes - if no hits are made to any of the services in the Shared Pool in that time does the whole pool go to sleep and therefore takes a long time to restart properly when a request is made?

0 Kudos