Publishing image server but cannot select folder?

Jump to solution
12-20-2021 01:53 PM
Brownschuh
Occasional Contributor II

My organization has stood up a test/dev environment running ArcGIS Server/Image Server 10.9.  Wanting to test the functionality of an image service, I published a mosaic dataset.  However, I am unable to select a folder to publish to (see below ... the folders do not show up).

Screenshot 2021-12-20 164727.png

Typically our organization organizes map services by topic/department via folders, but I am not given that option with an image service.  I will note that the service publishes just fine; it just publishes to the root.  And also note that when publishing regular map services I am given the option to choose a folder.

Anyone else experienced this with image server?  I am wondering if it's a bug with 10.9 ... I may be upgrading to 10.9.1 soon so I will report back if there is still an issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brownschuh

Update: spoke to ESRI support and apparently there is a bug with ArcGIS Pro version 2.8 & 2.9 where the folder drop down does not appear when trying to publish an image service (BUG-000143393).  The support fellow recommended I try 2.6 as he was able to get it to work at that version in a test environment he had spooled up.  Since I already had a test machine at version 2.7, I decided to test that and it worked.  In fact, I tested up to version 2.7.4 and it worked as well.  Just FYI for anyone having this same issue ...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brownschuh

Update: spoke to ESRI support and apparently there is a bug with ArcGIS Pro version 2.8 & 2.9 where the folder drop down does not appear when trying to publish an image service (BUG-000143393).  The support fellow recommended I try 2.6 as he was able to get it to work at that version in a test environment he had spooled up.  Since I already had a test machine at version 2.7, I decided to test that and it worked.  In fact, I tested up to version 2.7.4 and it worked as well.  Just FYI for anyone having this same issue ...