Publishing Error Staging Failure

02-14-2012 10:46 AM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Service Publishing Result   
Staging Failure:  Compressing the service definition failed

Using 10.1 beta 2 for both Desktop and Server.  Any ideas?

Posting here since everything else has been moved.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AmberT
by
New Contributor III
I received the same error but I'm running on the 10.1 pre-release. Were you able to figure this out?
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Are you running over a network where you are in a remote office?  When this was triggered for me, that was my scenario.  Today at Pre (knock on wood), I am not seeing the issue with Pre Publishing from a remote location.  Also, I was putting up a lot of data in the service (multiple fcs with 800,000 records).  Lately, my service testing has been a bit more refined.  Is there a lot of data for you in your service because that may be the cause as well.  I know this doesn't help but this was my thinking when this happened at beta 2.
0 Kudos
HarshalGharat
New Contributor III
Well, the same error flashed at my end (I am not working remotely) in the 10.1 Beta environment while trying to publish a basemap layer in my mxd.
Any clue?
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Got the same error  for publishing a map service. 
Version:  Desktop 10.1
Data:     Raster catalog (about 75 GB in size)
Scenario Description:  Publish it as a map service.  It run near 4 hours and then got failure with the warning: Error 001269: Compressing the service definitaion fialed.
What is wrong about it?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Seeing this pop up under 10.2, where I am running python64 with the StageService, while at Py32 no issues...
0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

Did you ever find a solution to this other than running Py32, I am experiencing the same thing

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I posted my problem 2 years ago.  That problem was solved a long time ago after the updating to V10.2.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

Hey Ted, im working in V10.2 and still experiencing an issue between 64 and 32, can you lead me to anything you found helpful on the topic?

0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor

I haven't encountered this issue for some time, I also ultimately moved to 10.3 and 10.3.1.  At Pro 1.2 Map Services are coming, too.

0 Kudos