Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when attempting to publish a Hosted Feature Service from ArcPro

06-13-2023 07:34 AM
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I am attempting to trouble shoot an error when attempting to publish a Hosted Feature Service from ArcPro. I have an open ticket with ESRI Support, but are not yet able to determine why.

Amarz_0-1686666538672.png

Here are some of the things we have already attempted:

• Discussed that we provided the folder permissions to the content and the Install directories and the python27 folder for ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Data Store
  • Discussed that we restarted the services for Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Datastore
  •  We checked by publishing a hosted feature service from ArcGIS Pro and received the same error, ''Publishing failed''
  •  Later we checked the ArcGIS Server logs and received the error ''SystemPublishingTools'' crashed
  • We checked the validation of the Hosting server in Portal for ArcGIS and confirmed the same
  • We checked the validation pf the federation of the hosting server at the Portal admin endpoint
  • Further, we ran the ''configure ArcGIS Server service account'' utility and checked with the publishing error and received the same error
  • Navigated to ArcMap and signed in with the Portal credentials
  • Received the ''consolidation failed error'' when attempting to publish a hosted feature service
  • Further checked that we were able to publish the referenced service from ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap
  • Checked that we were able to successfully publish the hosted service in ArcGIS Online
  • Checked that we were able to publish the hosted service in Portal for ArcGIS, however not able to view the layers and the data once published in Map Viewer
  • Discussed that we had not published any hosted services and had federated the environment one year prior

Attempted to Publish in ArcPro 2.9.5 and ArcMap 10.8 neither worked. Working with Enterprise 10.9.

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Frequent Contributor

Hello @Amarz ,

This is an interesting error and even after you have performed a lot of steps it has remained then it could be something intricate which is causing the communication of components involved to break.

As per my understanding, if this allows you to publish from registered data sources then ArcGIS Server is working perfectly fine. That leaves two other components i.e.  Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS DataStore which are to involved in this publishing process. Hence, I would like to take an approach on them. In order to understand that these components are working fine, if possible can you try the following and share the results

For ArcGIS DataStore:

• Connect to the machine where this is installed > Launch command prompt as Admin
  • Run > describedatastore by following the steps mentioned in document. The document also explains what each component in result means (We need to focus on Server URL and Portal URL)
  • Check if the DataStore validates from either ArcGIS Server Manager or ArcGIS Server Admin  endpoint : Validate ArcGIS Data Store 

For Portal for ArcGIS:

•  Try creating a "Feature Layer" from Portal content pane by following the either of the steps mentioned in this document  Create from a template or existing feature layer and launch the developer tool on your browser to understand at which step the failure is occurring 

Furthermore, if these does not shed some insight, I found few more articles which corelates to the problem you are encountering (some you may have already performed from these):

If none of the above helps to narrow down, try switching the ArcGIS Server log level to "DEBUG" (Please be aware that these are detailed logs and cause increased disk consumption. It's recommended that you don't use this level in a production environment; it may cause a decrease in performance.) and share them here for me to have a look.

Hopefully one of these would allow you to narrow down the cause and then a feasible solution.

Hope above helps!

Archit

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the ideas Archit, I have attempted the steps you have described with an ESRI Support tech and have yet to find a solution to the problem. I am actually upgrading from an Enterprise Standard Agreement to an Enterprise License Agreement, and once that is completed I will come back to this problem.

0 Kudos
SandeepBarre
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? we are encountering the same error on our end and would like to know if you did.  

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

@SandeepBarre 

The error was a much larger problem than anticipated that actually required a full re-instillation from scratch of a whole new Enterprise. But something that did work for us was to go into the Server Machine and re-configure the 'Configure ArcGIS Server Account' tool

0 Kudos