Select to view content in your preferred language

Enterprise adding a drive letter

08-02-2022 02:42 AM
GarrettSpeed1
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have an ArcGIS Enterprise server and portal set up on CentOS by an ESRI support engineer, version 10.9.1. 

I have data on a network drive I will refer to here as \\data.store, and in \\data.store I have a sub folder \\data.store\temp\testing which is mounted in the CentOS filesystem as /datastore. 

I registered the folder in ArcGIS Server Manager with the full publisher path as \\data.store\temp\testing and the server folder path as /datastore. Validation succeeds. 

In ArcGIS Pro (2.9.3) I added a layer from the full \\data.store\temp\testing\testing.gdb\test_point_dataset and confirmed in the layer source that that is the path to the data. When I publish a layer or map service from ArcGIS Pro the tool succeeds, however in ArcGIS Server REST I cannot see any data, and metadata such as extent have values like NaN. 

In Server Manager I looked at the data source information, the cylinder icon next to the item and (Map Service), and it shows me the database for the service is located at Z:\datastore\testing.gdb. I have no Z:\ drive on my ArcGIS Pro machine, and the server being Linux based also has no Z:\ drive. I have attached an image of the window from ArcGIS server manager for the storage for the dataset. 

I saved a service definition file and decompressed it and ran a search for Z:\ in the service definition files and found none. 

Where is the Z:\ coming from on that path, and why is it using \ and not / since it is installed on Linux. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GarrettSpeed1
New Contributor

I heard back from an ESRI developer and for others thinking this is an issue, the Z:\ is coming from WINE. So I have a different problem. 

0 Kudos