Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't Access Hosted Layer Administrative Endpoint

yesterday
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm trying to get at the administrative endpoint of my server in order to do things like update the definition, truncate, etc.

According to pages like this, there is a simple URL to get at these things, something like:

https://services.myserver.com/arcgis/rest/admin/services

Regardless of what I've tried to adjust in the settings, I continue to see code 403, with the message:

Access to this resource is not allowed

Confusingly, the documentation seems to indicate that */rest/admin/services is completely different from */admin/services. The former is to perform administrative actions against services, and is inaccessible, the latter is to perform system-wide, potentially damaging edits to the server configuration, and can be accessed easily with a token.

I don't understand why it should be harder to truncate a layer than it is to completely break my server, but that seems to be the case. I haven't seen any explanations for why access to this would be locked down, nor how to open it up. Have I missed a setting? Did I skip a line in the docs that say "oh by the way you can only access this locally"?

I know that these kinds of functions are available through the arcgis.features.managers.FeatureLayerManager class in the Python API, but I need to be able to perform this task with a POST request.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
0 Replies