Update to Add GTFS to a Network Dataset tools

12-30-2014 05:54 PM
Labels (1)
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I have just released a new and improved version of the Add GTFS to a Network Dataset tools.

Here are the improvements I’ve made:

• - You can now “turn off” specific routes or trips in your analysis. For instance, you could assess the impact of cutting service on a particular line by running the analysis once with the existing service and again after turning off a route or set of trips.  The included User’s Guide explains how to set this up.
  • - There’s a new Transit Identify tool that prints out the schedule for a selected transit line feature.  This is primarily to make debugging easier.
  • - There are some behind-the-scenes improvement that make network set-up and schedule caching faster, and your network will take up slightly less hard disk space.
  • - The download now comes with a Troubleshooting Guide document containing solutions to common problems.

Download the new version here.  Don’t forget to uninstall the old version if you’re going to use this one.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0fa52a75d9ba4abcad6b88bb6285fae1

Note that you will have to re-create your network datasets before using the new version.  The improvements above required some restructuring of my data model, so your existing networks aren’t compatible.

As always, please let me know if you experience any problems or have any suggestions for improvement. Also, I love to hear what you’re using these tools for and am happy to help you brainstorm.

Happy New Year!

Melinda Morang

Product Engineer

Esri - Network Analyst Team

380 New York Street

Redlands, CA 92373

909-793-2853  x3315

mmorang@esri.com

0 Kudos
0 Replies