GracjanMarszałek
New Contributor

Hello, I have a problem with the gtfs data. They have been correctly added to arcmap 10.5 because I am currently using this version. The problem is that after selecting two points with the function (route), the analyzer does not use gtfs information in the sense that it does not use the transit system. A shows the time and distance travel from point A to point B on foot. 

Is it possible to set the analysis in such a way that: From point A there was a marked path to the nearest stop (bus stop) and from there to the next interchange point or to the end point?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

If your Route is never using the transit lines, please review this section of the Troubleshooting Guide. There are many common causes of this problem.

I see from your screenshot that you are looking at the Directions text.  Our Directions engine does not support public transit, so you will never see sensible public transit directions there, like "Ride Bus 10 from Stop A to Stop B."  This does not mean that the transit lines are not being used in the Route.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

If your Route is never using the transit lines, please review this section of the Troubleshooting Guide. There are many common causes of this problem.

I see from your screenshot that you are looking at the Directions text.  Our Directions engine does not support public transit, so you will never see sensible public transit directions there, like "Ride Bus 10 from Stop A to Stop B."  This does not mean that the transit lines are not being used in the Route.

0 Kudos
GracjanMarszałek
New Contributor

Thank you very much, your tips helped me deal with the problem. The problem was mainly on my side and a spelling mistake. I use the opportunity to have a question about the "guide" to the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSd6qJlans&feature=youtu.be

on which an animation of transit accessibility is created, is there a guide somewhere? because the page that is given is not displayed

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I don't completely understand your question.  However, this section of the user's guide explains how to create a time-lapse polygon video with your transit network.

0 Kudos
GracjanMarszałek
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the answer! we managed to get the desired effect thanks to the guides, thank you very much.
At the moment only one quatia is northerising. Is it possible to set something like time lapse polygons. But on the principle that from point A in 10 minutes you are able to get into such an area (for the program to automatically count the area), e.g.
we have point A
8:10 area B
8:20 B + C area
8:30 B + C + D area

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

If I understand your question correctly, you want to sum the total area reached at all different times of day.  If you run the Prepare Time Lapse Polygons tool, you could just run the Dissolve tool on the resulting polygons to dissolve them all into one polygon, and then calculate the area.

0 Kudos