NULL-values on cumulative walk time-fields using service area and route

Jump to solution
10-25-2019 06:17 AM
MartinTvedt
New Contributor

Hi,

Im using the new transit tools in Arcgis Pro and it works well with my transit model. Service areas, routes, all works well. The same goes for the calculate accessibility tools, the time lapse and the rest. But I can't seem to get the walking distance part of the result. There are fields intended for this information in the output, but it gives me NULL-values, as this example from a service area lines output is showing:

Is there something wrong in my travel modes or cost attributes? I followed the tutorial on this part.

I've also seen this quote on the Arcgis PRO-sites: "It is also not possible to limit the traveler's walking time or distance separately from the overall travel time. For example, you cannot create a 30-minute service area but limit the walking time to 5 minutes. The service area output will show the area reachable within 30 minutes of walking, riding transit, or a combination of the two."

It is the combination of the two im after or the walking part of the travel. Is there a way of working around this? 

Thanks again for great tools. I'll get back to your post on ideas for new tools. Im currently working in a PT-company and where just starting out using GIS for analysis on our transit network. This helps us a lot!

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Martin.  I'm glad these new tools have been useful to you so far.

In order for the FromCumul_/ToCumul_ fields to be populated in your output table, I think you just need to set the Accumulate Attributes to accumulate the relevant cost attributes you care about.  If you want to see the accumulated WalkTime, you have to check on WalkTime in the Accumulate Attributes.  See the Accumulate Cost Attributes section in this documentation page: Service area analysis layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Regarding your second question: You cannot limit the overall walking time/distance.  You cannot make the solver force the traveler to stop walking after 5 minutes but allow them to continue riding for another 25 minutes.  Our solvers currently do not have this capability. However, using an accumulate attribute as described above, you can at least see what the overall walking time is.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Martin.  I'm glad these new tools have been useful to you so far.

In order for the FromCumul_/ToCumul_ fields to be populated in your output table, I think you just need to set the Accumulate Attributes to accumulate the relevant cost attributes you care about.  If you want to see the accumulated WalkTime, you have to check on WalkTime in the Accumulate Attributes.  See the Accumulate Cost Attributes section in this documentation page: Service area analysis layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Regarding your second question: You cannot limit the overall walking time/distance.  You cannot make the solver force the traveler to stop walking after 5 minutes but allow them to continue riding for another 25 minutes.  Our solvers currently do not have this capability. However, using an accumulate attribute as described above, you can at least see what the overall walking time is.

0 Kudos