Select to view content in your preferred language

All attributes deleted from table when re-starting program

Jump to solution
11-14-2019 05:39 AM
HelenaBreuer
New Contributor III

I have an Excel file that's folder was connected to the Catalog.

In that folder I had a file with 4 sheets. I added the 4th sheet to the map via the catalog pane.

By default, it became a standalone table, let's call this Table A.

This table did not have OIDs so I ran the table to table function, to create a copy of Table A with OIDs, and to change some of the field types from text to doubles (lat/longs in Excel file were text, so I needed them to be doubles to import XY data). Let's call this Table B.

I right-clicked Table B in the Contents Pane, and chose Display XY Data

I created a new layer with all the data points, let's call this Layer B. 

I saved the file continuously throughout and worked on it for a few hours after.

Later on, I removed Table A, as it was not needed anymore.

I saved and closed the program.

I just came into work, and when I opened the map, no points from Layer B were displayed on the map - I opened the attribute table and it was empty. 

I opened Table B, and it was also empty.

Is there any reason for this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Just wanted to circle back here again.  I read through the description and see that you noted there was no ObjectID when the Excel sheet was added to the map.  I believe with the Excel changes made at Pro 2.4, you now get the ObjectID added automatically, so are you on a pre-2.4 version?

I went through the description step-by-step and can't replicate the issue.  Unfortunately, at this point, if you continue to see this occurring, the first thing to try would be to upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2, the current version.  Otherwise, contact technical support for help troubleshooting. Esri Support Contact Support 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Helena Breuer‌.  The issue you're describing sounds like it will require some further troubleshooting.  Are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?  From the description of "Contents Pane" that sounds to me like Pro, so this question might be better for the ArcGIS Pro‌ space.  If you are using Pro, what version?

Where was Table B saved?  File geodatabase, shapefile in a folder, etc.?

Let me know about the version and where Table B was saved and we can try to reproduce the issue. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Just wanted to circle back here again.  I read through the description and see that you noted there was no ObjectID when the Excel sheet was added to the map.  I believe with the Excel changes made at Pro 2.4, you now get the ObjectID added automatically, so are you on a pre-2.4 version?

I went through the description step-by-step and can't replicate the issue.  Unfortunately, at this point, if you continue to see this occurring, the first thing to try would be to upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2, the current version.  Otherwise, contact technical support for help troubleshooting. Esri Support Contact Support 

0 Kudos
HelenaBreuer
New Contributor III

Thanks Kory - I ended up updating and it fixed alot of the issues!

0 Kudos