Add GTFS to a Network Dataset: Get Network EIDs tool error message

Jump to solution
05-15-2019 08:08 AM
Labels (1)
ColleenHerbert
New Contributor

I'm using ArcMap Desktop 10.6, and have created a network dataset using the steps in the 'Add GTFS to a Network Dataset' toolbox. 

The only issue I'm having is that when I try to use the 'Get Network EIDs' tool, I'm getting the following error message: 'Completed script GetNetworkEIDs... Failed to execute (GetNetworkEIDs).'

Does anyone know why I'm getting this message or any way to resolve this issue?

I'm pretty sure the error with this step is the reason my network dataset is not acknowledging the 'TransitEvaluator' that my TransitLines feature class wants to use as its Evaluator in the 'Transit_TravelTime' attribute.

Thank You,

Colleen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I tried to run GetEIDs, and it took a really long time.  I canceled it before it finished, as it should only take a few seconds.

Something is wrong with the GTFS.sql file that lives inside the geodatabase.  It has no data in it anymore.  This file is created by the Add GTFS tools to store the transit schedules, and the GetEIDs tool modifies it. I'm not sure how it got into this state (perhaps a previous bad run of GetEIDs), but it won't be usable for analysis since it's missing all the data.   I suggest you start over creating your geodatabase and see if the problem fixes itself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you get any other error messages?  For example, see this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/228340-hello-i-have-a-problem-at-the-last-stage-of-add-gtfs-to-a-n...

0 Kudos
ColleenHerbert
New Contributor

Melinda,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I saw that post but the error message I listed is the only error message I'm getting.

Thank You,

Colleen

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Is it possible for you to post you network dataset so I can take a look?

0 Kudos
ColleenHerbert
New Contributor

Hi Melinda,

I just zipped and attached the geodatabase containing my network dataset as an attachment to my original question.

Please let me know if you are able to open or if there's a better way for me to send.

Thank You,

Colleen

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I tried to run GetEIDs, and it took a really long time.  I canceled it before it finished, as it should only take a few seconds.

Something is wrong with the GTFS.sql file that lives inside the geodatabase.  It has no data in it anymore.  This file is created by the Add GTFS tools to store the transit schedules, and the GetEIDs tool modifies it. I'm not sure how it got into this state (perhaps a previous bad run of GetEIDs), but it won't be usable for analysis since it's missing all the data.   I suggest you start over creating your geodatabase and see if the problem fixes itself.

0 Kudos
ColleenHerbert
New Contributor

Hi Melinda,

Thank you! That worked (it was my 8th attempt at creating this, so I really appreciate it).

If I don’t specify a specific start time to the ‘TransitTime’ attribute, do you know what default is used (or is this something I could find within the data)?

One train trip took 48 minutes when I set the start time to 2 pm on Saturday

Thank You,

Colleen

X2946

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry it took you so many tries, but I'm glad it's working.  There is new functionality coming in the next release of ArcGIS Pro that should make this a lot easier.

If you don't specify a time of day, the transit lines will be treated as restricted, so your traveler will only be able to walk along the streets.  The "default" travel time is basically just walking.

0 Kudos