Win 7 MapSAR installation

07-12-2012 07:51 AM
ArnoldGaffrey
New Contributor
When installing MapSAR on a computer using Windows 7, an edit needs to be made to the installation file prior to running.  In the tools folder, right click on ~LoadMapSARTools_Win7.bat and select Edit.  This line,

copy c:\mapsar\tools\aaloaded.config C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ArcGIS4LocalGovernment\ConfigFiles\loaded.config /y

should have quotes around the command.  The correct line should look like this:

copy "c:\mapsar\tools\aaloaded.config C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ArcGIS4LocalGovernment\ConfigFiles\loaded.config" /y

Add the quotes and save the file.  When ready to install the MapSAR tool set, double click this modified file.  If you already ran this file, its OK to run it again.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BillFlorence
New Contributor
Hi,

I have installed 10.1 and just ran the bat file for installation of MapSAR.   It errors I think because it's looking for 10.0.0.0 to register the tool.

The text of the error (2 of them) is:

Registration Failed
Could not load file or assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Local,Version 10.0.0.0, Culture=NEUTRAL
PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86
or one of it's dependencies
The system cannot find the specified file

Does anyone know the edit I can do to point this at 10.1 before I start mucking around and mess something up?
0 Kudos
JonPedder
Occasional Contributor II
There are some tools that need recompiling for 10.1, the GPX Importer, Line Buffer tool etc.

These are in the works.
0 Kudos
TerryDence
New Contributor
Do we have any idea when the update for 10.1 will be out? I am on a 60 trial time and am hoping to demonstrate this for the team so they can vote to get the software.
0 Kudos
TomPatterson
New Contributor II
The final release for ArcGIS Desktop is out for testing now.  Keep checking www.mapsar.net.  I'll also notify folks on this forum when it's avalable for download.
0 Kudos