Select to view content in your preferred language

Time Cube Analysis - How to create a Time Cube?

12-07-2015 12:53 PM
JacobConshick
New Contributor II

I have been asked to perform an analysis on a data set over a period of time. The time cube function for emerging hot-spots is exactly what I want to do, but I cannot get the program to create the cube. I think I am missing something.

I have a date field in the attribute table. It reads the date as followed: 1/1/2015 (example)

Below is an image of what my setup looks like:

TimeCube.JPG

When I run the tool I get this error:

TimeCubeError.JPG

Can someone assist me in a solution for making it work?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

For some reason, it doesn't seem to be able to find the netcdf module

Are you working on some kind of network installation or something out of the normal?

Can you confirm your installation information etc and verify the contents of the help

Create Space Time Cube—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

JacobConshick
New Contributor II

I am working on a network. I do know that our license is a network license. Is that what you mean?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

in the error message is a listing for the required script which states the module that is needed which apparently isn't there.  That is what I was wondering, whether ArcMap is installed locally.  There is no other required license for the toolbox since, as you can see in the link I provided, it is available at all license levels.  other things to try

I presume you selected end time from the drop down and didn't type it...

try a different, local, simple folder for both inputs and outputs

other things I haven't thought of

JacobConshick
New Contributor II

Yes ArcMap is install locally on my desktop. I upgraded from 10.2 to 10.3 not sure if that has something to do with it.

I will try those simple inputs you suggested

0 Kudos
JacobConshick
New Contributor II

The suggestions you have made did not work. Not to sure where to go from here. Is there something I can download and append into Arc itself

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No, if you try running under a different profile name and it still fails a, the the software isn't installed properly or has become corrupt.