Problem when using threaded view?

06-10-2010 08:56 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mkennedy

This may be a quirk specific to my system but I thought I would mention it to see if anyone else has seen it. I'm using IE8 on XP. I don't maximize the browser.

I had my thread display mode set to threaded, which I really like. Over the last few days, I've found that once I'm viewing a thread, if I try to view replies, I get a "can't find web page"/404 error. Sometimes I can fix the page by refreshing the thread's page (looking at the original message), but that quit working yesterday.

I noticed that when I refreshed, something about the page changed, and I finally managed to grab screen shots. First one shows a "bad" page, while the second one a good page.

You can see that the search box has changed position. If you start resizing the browser horizontally, the search box will jump position. Yesterday, I had pages which looked 'good' (search box at right), but still couldn't use the threaded mode. Right now, the search box is offset to the left like it's a "bad" page.

I've switched to Linear mode which works fine.

Melita
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor
Thanks Melita.  I see the problem.  Looking into it.
Btw, I can only repro on IE8.  Doesn't seem to be a problem on IE7, FF, Safari, nor Chrome.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Thanks very much, Jim!

I'm not desperate enough to switch browsers, but that's certainly a possibility.

Melita
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jbarry

Fair enough.  But if it helps I can tell you that it's certainly not the first problem we've run into specific to IE8.
I expect it won't be the last.
0 Kudos