Does anyone push their Esri data to Intergraph I/CAD?

07-30-2015 08:23 AM
Labels (2)
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to find people to commiserate with who are Esri users who were tasked to roll map data to Intergraph's I/CAD system.  I have heard snippets about their new I/Map Editor toolbar that supposedly works with ArcMap now, but haven't found a whole lot of information on it.  There is no GeoNet in Intergraph-land...

Anyone?

41 Replies
LGalyen
New Contributor III

I unfortunately cannot provide you with any resource.  I do understand your dilemma,  I work with the same sort of set up.  I have to take ESRI data and bring it into a Geomedia map for dispatching services.  I currently use a series of models that were built by someone in the position over 7 years ago.

Lucky for me they are still functioning.  I have made some small tweaks to a couple of the models but so far have left them in tact.

I'm not sure what data you are having to bring into the Geomedia environment.  There is next to no support from the Geomedia and no community support around.

0 Kudos
RhondaPerozzo
New Contributor II

I am also working with Intergraph CAD 9.3 (getting ready for an upgrade to 9.4 within the next year).  I have been the GIS Analyst for a 911 center for about 1 1/2 years now.  We dispatch for both fire and law for an entire county.  Have you folks seen the yahoo IPS Mapping group?  I have found the site useful and very participatory when folks have questions about best ways to do things/lessons learned.  To contact the moderator of the group, email:  ipsmapping-owner@yahoogroups.com  and ask to be added to the group.

Also, there is the HPSUG (Hexagon Public Safety User Group Conference) this coming November.  I also find this conference useful as they are all Hexagon users with many GIS folks that attend and share.  Check it out!  I'll be there this year... Hexagon Public Safety Users' Group Conference 

Rhonda Perozzo

GIS Analyst 

South Sound 911

LGalyen
New Contributor III

I joined the IPS yahoo group the people are generally nice and helpful but it is not very active....  unless I'm on a different group?   Many are not from ESRI background or dont use ESRI to pull data into their dispatch maps.

KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Our Dispatch Center bought us the version of FME from Safe Software (the thing Data Interoperability extension is built on for Esri) that specifically allows writing to GeoMedia formats.  We use FME for a million other things non-GeoMedia realted too, it's pretty handy when you get used to it.  I like it way better than Model Builder.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone automated this process with something like python code?  Is this even possible?

0 Kudos
ChuckOwen
New Contributor

Sorry, I have no resources other than experience. Depending on the version...GeoMedia Desktop can read a File Geodatabase. The trick is getting the connection set up properly. I recently retired from a county that uses Intergraph CAD ver 9.4. They've been using the Intergraph CAD product for close to 20 years. They run GeoMedia Desktop version 16.00.0000 Build 10271 with I/Map Editor version 16.00.0000.00038. I recently assisted with rebuilding their GeoMedia geoworkspaces to work with the new version of their Hexagon CAD product. I also worked with the GeoMedia suite when it was an Intergraph product. I'd like to see this thread continue as well. The Hexagon CAD product is out there in a big way.

LGalyen
New Contributor III

I would also like to keep this topic alive.  We use Intergraph CAD 9.1  hoping to convert to CAD 9.4 next year.   As the GIS person here my job is to pull data from a few different sources (all ESRI based) on a quarterly basis to update the dispatch map and all mobile units for public safety.  I run 6 different models of varying sizes and complexity to prepare the ESRI data for export to the geomedia platform.

I am looking for ways to refine and update the process I currently use.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have your models setup to run as scheduled tasks?  Or are the models run manually?

0 Kudos
LGalyen
New Contributor III

I am running them manually......  

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What about migrating from model builder to Python and running the python script(s) as a schedule task?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos