Select to view content in your preferred language

Build Oriented Imagery Footprint Fails

a month ago
Labels (1)
OwenCass
New Contributor

ERROR 003761: Required property value is missing or invalid : Camera Heading
Failed to execute (BuildOrientedImageryFootprint).

I am getting this error in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1

I tried using QuickCapture images that are setup to collect oriented imagery. I tried using drone photos that have all the EXIF data. The attribute is there, the fields are filled out.

Here's a screenshot of the attribute table and error. The selected records are QuickCapture generated, the unselected are drone generated. Even if I select a single record that has all data, I get the error.

oriented imagery error.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi @OwenCass 

I have a few questions to narrow down the issue:

• Are you adding the images to the OI Dataset in two separate instances? The first six rows (images) in the attribute table you shared indicate “Nadir” as the OI type, while the rest are labeled as “inspection.” Additionally, they have different image paths.

• Could you check the EXIF data from the first six images and verify if the altitude value was recorded? Also, is there a relative altitude value available?

• Are using the the folder containing the images as Input Data in Add Images To Oriented Imagery Dataset geoprocessing tool?

Thank you

Vicky

0 Kudos
DilThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi @OwenCass 

-999 value is used when Camera Heading is undefined. The value is required to build the footprint.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/imagery/oriented-imagery-dataset.htm#:~:text=Came....

Can you try to remove the two records 204 and 205 that has invalid heading values and run the tool.

Thank you,

Dil

0 Kudos