Select to view content in your preferred language

Sidebar OIC Widget for Web Map Applications

08-03-2022 10:55 AM
OwensS
by
New Contributor III

Let's create a Native Web Map Application Sidebar Widget for our OIC Catalog that can either "Slide" out on opening of the map or can be toggled on. I was able to somewhat create this without OIC Catalog Creation with an ESRI Experience & a 3rd-party 360 Virtual Tour Creator and the "Embed" functionallity within Experience Builder. 

Of course, everything revolves around the OIC Workflow and how it deals/handles 360 Imagery (which is very convoluted currently). I have "Demoed" this Creation to colleagues at work and they are exceptionally excited about this for possible Outdoor-related Asset Management/Documentation/Inventory needs.

Sample of what this looks like:

2022-08-03 12_46_14-.jpg

Here is the Link to my Experience - please follow the instructions listed on the site:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a1b01644f61b43d2aceb5c66f902d905/

Tags (4)
2 Comments
PeterBecker
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Nice interface focused on the images taken vis what the image are taken of. 

The original concept for Oriented Imagery is to provide documentation of the features and objects and the location of the images is secondary. This is especially true as an object may be covered by many images and an image may cover many objects. 

There are more requests for such image centric interface and we will look to see how these can be improved or at least made simpler to implement.

The experiences with frameless views and more configuration with more simplistic interfaces is also being reviewed. 

OwensS
by

Pete,

This is great news, thank you.