Select to view content in your preferred language

"Could not extract coordinate info to add image" when trying to add images to OIC

02-24-2022 04:44 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi!

I am following the tutorial Creating an oriented imagery and when I am at the step to add the images list from the amazon bucket to the OIC. I am getting the error"Could not extract coordinate info to add image" for all the images on the list. 

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.0, and downloaded the latest version of the plug ins. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

You get this error when the image you are trying to add does not contain any GPS info in it it. Download one of the images on to your computer and in explorer, right click on it and open up properties.  Click on the Details tab. You should should see in the list of details a section called GPS.  If you do not have that info in the image then it cannot be read into Oriented Imagery. 

RandallRebello_0-1645773140328.png

However if you have external metadata with this info you can create a FrameTable (csv) file and add your images using that. You can get more info in the OI GPTools user documentation. 

If you still have any doubts then send me a sample of the image and I will have a look. 

Randall

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for that information! I was just using the default data provided by the tutorial, which is a text file with a list of links such as: 

http://orientedimagerysamples.s3.amazonaws.com/EsriCampus180701/109/IMG_7706_4983491.JPG

It does appear that the images have GPS data associated. There is also another error that might be the issue which says "Unable to read VersionJSON".  I might try to find another sample of oriented images to test as well. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi 

In c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\ there will be a folder called logs. Can you check the AddDataLogs file and send me one of them 

Can you also tell me that you have access to the image URL you sent above. Does it open in a browser? 

Randall 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please see log attached. I am also able to see the pictures and see the downloaded image attached. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi 

Can you tell me when exactly you get this error message "Unable to read VersionJSON". 

Depending on the GPTool you run which shows this error, there will be a log file created in the logs folder which may contaain more info.  if you can send me the log file with this message would be great. 

Secondly.. look for this file.. c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Scripts\CheckForUpdate.json and then move it from that location to some temp location and try running the tool again. It could be that your organizations firewall could be blocking the link that is mentioned in that file. 

Same goes with the http links in the sample file. 

Randall

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The JSON error stopped showing up (maybe after an update) but the error "Could not extract coordinate info to add image" is still there, unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi, 

So this error occurs when you are trying to access the sample data (ie the OI tutorial data)? 

Are you trying this out from your office? Could there be a firewall blocking this? Can you try it out from a computer that is outside the company firewall? 

Randall 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since I am able to access the links individually from within and without the firewall, it doesn't seem that it would be the issue, but I can only use ArcGIS Pro from within the company firewall. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

HI, 

Can you try one more thing thing. In ArcGIS Pro open up a python window. 

In the python window copy and paste the following lines. 

from osgeo import gdal

imginfo = gdal.Info('http://orientedimagerysamples.s3.amazonaws.com/EsriCampus180701/109/IMG_7706_4983491.JPG', options='-mdd all')
print (imginfo)

Can you then copy and send me the result. 

Thanks,

Randall

0 Kudos